Many small businesses face similar challenges when trying to build an online presence. The business cases in this section highlight some of these common pitfalls and the lessons learned.
Local Online Marketing
Focusing on Local Marketing online can bear results very quickly for small local businesses.
Personal Training Company Shake '2' Shape wanted to advertise their services online but knew that with a limited budget they were unlikely to get any meaningful results.
⇒ Shake 2 Shape have a limited budget.
Google Adwords is effective but too expensive for some small businesses
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) on Google is very cost-effective but:
Building a business website is expensive and cheap Flash-based websites don't work.
Flash websites have no SEO value - ie. not picked up by search engines.
Flash websites not compatible with many mobile devices (Apple).
Social Media is also cost-effective but less so for small local businesses.
Unless you know what you are doing, you need to hire SEO Consultants
- SEO Consultants charge from £50 - £2000 per month
- Professional business website from bOnline launched within 24 hours.
- Using highly targeted local keywords and content on bOnline website that is already SEO friendly.
- Built-in SEO Wizard providing step-by-step optimisation suggestions and alerts.
- Easy edit tools to completely personalise and brand website and update content regularly.
- The end result is a professional, dynamic and optimised website in 48hours and no upfront fees.
⇒ Shake'2'Shape achieved Google Position 1 Search Results within days.